- puppies toilet when they need to
- pups cannot hold on for long periods or think about where to toilet till about 4-6 months old
- Signs a pup needs to toilet include;- rushing about, sniffing, holding tail up, squeaking, crying, running to or looking at a door
- Times a pup needs to toilet are:- when waking up, after eating or drinking, after play etc
Choose an area where you want your dog to go to toilet, and visit it frequently during the times described above
Reward puppy for going toilet in the spot once he has finished, with happy voice/food rewards, clapping etc.
Minimise distractions. Be serious during toilet time as pups are easily distracted from what they should be doing. A quiet place is best (less distracting again)
Clean mistakes up with water/vinegar/washing liquid mix.
No point in telling puppy off after the fact as they dont recall
- Be patient.
- that he has free access to as this will minimise the chance he toilets inside. if he makes mistakes indoors then he will often go back there.